Cafe Assistant Part-Time Job7 months ago - Retail food service - San Francisco - 191 views
JOB DESCRIPTION, DUTIES, & GOALS
Andytown is hiring an entry-level team member at our cafe on Lawton street who will work primarily in the kitchen preparing customer orders, doing prep work for the bakery as well as the front of house, and doing dishes as needed. This person should be ready to hop in where needed to help ensure customer orders are completed to our standards, and that the space is clean and ready for use for all staff working.
As an employee Andytown, you will not only be required to prep orders and baked goods, but a lot of your time will be spent doing dishes, sweeping and mopping floors, wiping tables and restocking shelves, putting together food orders, and other miscellaneous tasks that are required to keep our space clean, safe, and inviting to all.
-Holds the highest standards for communication among team members.
-Actively promotes positivity in the workplace.
-Encourages others to do their best, and affirms the strengths of team members.
-Functions with the mentality of assuming positive intent.
-Brings any feedback to the General Manager
-Communicates with grace and understanding, with a positive outlook for improvement.
-Listens to ideas and fosters a culture where ideas and feedback are welcome.
-Has zero-tolerance for toxicity within the workplace. Does not listen to or condone gossip among team members.
-Follows all procedures according to Andytown standards and instructions.
-Provides constructive feedback to co-workers and supervisors
-Accountable for all customer service issues at Andytown that occur during your scheduled shifts
-Maintain cleanliness of cafe, workspace, and storage areas
-Communicates all daily operations updates directly to your Supervisor
-Communicates any equipment issues that happen during your shift to Supervisor
-Notify the General Manager of any register/cash/change issues.
REQUIREMENTS AND TRAINING
- Great attitude, team player, willingness to support the cafe’s needs preparing food, doing dishes, keeping front of house and back of house clean and orderly, and any prep work that needs to happen in front of the back of house.
- (Preferred) at least 1-year experience in a fast-paced professional kitchen
- Proficient/understanding of how to follow a recipe
- Ability to multi-task, work efficiently, and complete assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Positive communication skills
- ability to correct actions the moment issues arise
- Complete Servesafe Certification within 30-days of hire
- Completion of Sexual Harassment Prevention Training prior to 90-day review
- Ability to do repetitive work
- Comfortability working in a small space in close proximity of others
- Will be required to stand up to 8 hours
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Sometimes will need to bend, crouch, and kneel to complete tasks
- Sometimes will be asked to stand on a ladder to clean lights, windows, and/or organize back-stock
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY
Employee safety during the shelter-in-place is a priority. For the time being, we have adopted the following policies to keep both employees and customers safe:
- All employees are provided with face coverings that they must wear when working on Andytown Premises
- All customers must wear a face mask as directed by the city. We must decline service to anyone who does not have a proper face covering.
- All employees must regularly disinfect common surfaces in the cafe every hour and ensure that they are washing their hands whenever they handle any cash or returning from the restroom or break.
- Customers must practice social distancing when waiting in line, and may reference the lines we have placed on the ground.
- We have built an outdoor hosting area to prevent too many people from occupying the cafe space at the same time.
* We will continue to adopt new policies as we get updates from the state and city government.
Anyone who works at Andytown will go through our training process and be held to the standards taught. As a Cafe Assistant at Andytown on Lawton, you will meet with the General Manager on a regular basis to debrief your success and set goals for continued improvement.
At Andytown, we are committed to creating good jobs. We value diversity and always consider job applicants based on work experience, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We consider all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We wanted Andytown to feel like your grandmother's kitchen—clean, cozy, welcoming, and warm. When we started, we did all our roasting, baking, and customer service in our 600 square foot space.