Sushi Chef / Line Cook Full-Time Job9 months ago - Casual dinning restaurants - Vallejo - 196 views
DO NOT CALL THE STORE FOR INQUIRIES - NO ONE WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ASSIST YOU.
Prepares and cooks meals for customers by performing the duties listed in the Essential Duties and Responsibilities section. Full time and part time positions; employee meal for all staff; insurance benefits, vacation, sick, and PTO for full time employees; employee discount on food & beverage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepares and cooks food according to menu and standard operating procedures for each item.
• Works closely with manager on duty regarding daily specials.
• Checks all refrigeration for proper temperature controls.
• Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with fork to make sure it is cooked properly.
• Responsible for kitchen organization and proper product levels at all times.
• Keeps all work areas neat and clean during shift.
• Knows the specific requirements of the Health Department and enforces those standards.
• Ensures proper portion control for all prepared items.
• Keeps refrigerators and dry goods shelves clean, organized and rotated at all times.
• Assists manager with the development of inventory standards of sanitation.
• Cleans kitchen and grill daily.
• Follow all rules and guidelines of kitchen and food preparation at all times.
• Assists manager with all the ordering for the kitchen team for the next day and the week.
• Trains and develops other cooks to enhance the overall effectiveness of the team.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $17.50 per hour DOE
Send over a copy of your resume over and someone will be in contact with you for next steps.